Wednesday, August 29, 2012

August 29th - Morning Open

Decided to try my luck and participate this morning.  James and Ken showed up and they luckily took it easy on me.  I tried my best to configure my game to hardly use my legs.  So what I resorted to was sitting on my but and then inverting as soon as they moved in to me and either went for an oma plata or an armbar from guard.  It was a pretty limited game but I found myself focusing on timing the very few moves that I could do.  There were only a few ouch moments where I quickly just gave up like closing my guard or putting my left knee of the floor.  I did work on the side control position that I saw in the Jiu-Jitsu university book.  I liked it and will make it a part of my defense.

I called Lincoln Orthopedic Center to attempt to reschedule my appointment but ended up with something later on Sept. 11th.  So I'll get my left knee X-Rayed and jerked around a bit and then discuss the next steps with the Dr.  Going in there the first time I was hopeful that I would be told that I could just heal on my own and not have to do an MRI and surgery.  But, after all of this inactivity and stewing about it I think I would much rather know if something is wrong and I have a high chance of reinjury.  I don't want to think it's okay and then hurt myself right away as soon as I get on the mats. 


No comments:

Post a Comment