Sunday, October 12, 2014

October 12th 2014 - Weekly Review

Theme & Techniques
Beginner/All Levels: Seoi Nage, Double Ankle Grab Sweep, Butterfly Hook Sweep

I only made it to 2 classes this week; we had some sickness going around our house.  Hopefully this week will be a normal training week despite having to work some overtime.  Also Tinguinha will be visiting our school some time next month.

I worked with a new guy named Andrew on Tuesday that had some pretty good instincts.  He surprised me a couple times while we were doing guard position sparring.  I rolled with Tim after class and then helped Harvey with a triangle question of all things, I diverted it into an omoplata lesson as a contingency for when a triangle isn't happening.

Bhuvana ended up kicking me in the face Friday morning while I was trying to pass her open guard.  It actually wasn't that bad but she was so worried that I was hurt that she stuck her hand in my face and repeated "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" over and over. It took a while for me to get across to her that I was okay and that we should keep going.

I got some great rolling in for a Friday morning with Greg, Bhuvana, Darijo, Austin, Justin, and Jordan.  I felt like my butterfly hook sweep improved as I attempted it every chance I got.  Greg completely shut my game down at every turn, which was good for me.  He was especially catching me with arm drags this week.  I had some success with the 2 on 1 grips and was able to take some backs and pendulum sweep.  I only made it to deep half guard once with Jordan and was attempting the waiter sweep, I did complete a sweep but not the waiter and to his credit he recognized the technique from only working on it with me that one time.


No comments:

Post a Comment