Monday, February 11, 2013

February 10th - No Gi

Conan taught class yesterday with the leg smash pass being the main theme.  We started out working on the scissor sweep and then progressed to defending the scissor sweep with the leg smash/hug and going to one side or the other.  I think this is one of Conan's go to classes as I've been through it a couple of times, however there were some different additions in this class that made it unique.  I like the idea of going back and forth and learning the offense for something and then learning the defense from the other perspective and then repeating the cycle so in the end we have some answers for offense and defense.

After working on several different ways to pass and several different ways to defend we trained starting in the scissor sweep position.  This was not as good as starting from half guard the other day.  The scissor sweep is pretty easy to defeat if you know it's coming.  Plus I went up against Ray and Ken and they are both difficult to deal with.  We did king of the mat from closed guard to finish out class.  I wasn't really feeling it yesterday and took it easy as my knee is still bothering me a bit.  Although I had some decent exchanges with Conan, Ray, and Adam.

I'm a little sick today so probably won't make it to class tonight.  I may also take some more time off from Jiu-Jitsu.  I need to get over this injury hump. 


No comments:

Post a Comment