Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February 25th - Gi (Dead Spider)

Greg taught last night and had us do a sickle sweep from spider guard against a standing opponent. After doing the full technique several times he had us break it down and do a little bit at a time.  So one round we switched our hands to cross grab the sleeve and then grab the ankle over and over.  The next time we repeated those steps and then moved our foot to the hip over and over.  This was great and how I like to drill things.  Mike was great to work with and gave me some pointers along the way.  I did have a little trouble getting to kneeling in the end of the technique, but otherwise everything else was progressing along.

We trained guard passing/sweep/submit with the spider guard from standing.  Since it wasn't that big of a class Greg's goal was to have everyone train with everyone.  Now I really like the idea of spider guard, but boy do I suck at it.  Everyone was easily defeating my guard and I had a hard time passing everyone else.  I did have one cool moment where I arm dragged Adam because he was so concentrated on my spider guard.  Regardless my spider guard needs more work, but it was an awesome class and I got a good workout out of it.









 

1 comment: