Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April 2nd - Injury Report (Surgery Scheduled)

Saw the doctor this morning and I got what some good news.  We talked for a bit and the doc moved my leg around and asked if it hurt certain places.  He said that it wasn't severe and that I haven't caused any permanent damage to my knee.  I tried to look up what he told me, but I should have had him write it down because I can't remember for the life of me.  He made it clear that it wasn't anything major and I could live with it, but would probably continue to experience the swelling if I took it too far.  It will be an outpatient arthroscopic surgery where they will go in and snip off the torn piece.  Then I'll be on crutches for a couple of days and then around a month to recover. 

I can't help but feel a little excited and relieved.  Never thought I'd say that about having surgery.  I'll post again post surgery and hopefully be back on the mats in a month or so.

1 comment: