Wednesday, April 29, 2015

April 29th 2015 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Guillotine from Guard Defense, Straight Footlock and Escape
Partner: Josh

My first Wednesday morning session at LBJJC and I'm so happy that my job is cool with me taking an early lunch.  The class was a decent size with 7 of us. 

Had a little trouble with the ankle lock today.   It was hit or miss but I think I need to focus on the toe positions.  If the foot was in the right position putting the elbow underneath and my forehead to the floor worked really well. 

Rolling: Closed Guard (6 x 2 min), Free Rolling (2 x 4 min)
Rolled With: Josh, Brian, Janice, Greg

Guard went pretty well.  My fingers were a little sore today from gi gripping lately so I had a little bit of a hard time with breaking the guard open.  I didn't go for any ankle locks, which I should have, maybe the next time around in the curriculum this will be my goal.  I went to cross guard a couple times from the bottom and setup the omoplata sweep.  Probably the coolest thing that happened was a triangle attempt that I made after a failed omoplata.  I tried to lock it up but wasn't able to, but the kimura presented itself.  Janice was on her third class and needed a bit of coaching.  At first I walked her through a couple things and then I just told her to try not to let me pass her guard.  She seemed to have fun although being a bit overwhelmed.   

I got to roll with Greg twice.  I didn't do much of anything offensively and he caught me with 2 omoplatas, one that he submitted me with and the other he came up into turtle with after I got my arm free.  He did some floating when I attempted to get half guard at one point, where I would usually get half guard on someone else, he used his shin over my calf to keep his leg out of danger. 

Office Hours Partner: Greg

Didn't roll after class, but I requested some pointers on finishing the baseball bat choke.  I think we determined that one key piece that I was missing was the position of my forearm across his face.  As I'm turning to north/south to put my head down I need to keep the non-choking hand at an angle more across their neck.  


No comments:

Post a Comment