Sunday, April 9, 2017

April 8th 2017 - Open Mat & Blog Change

I'm thinking about tapering off on the blog a bit. Maybe one or 2 posts a week. It's become a little monotonous and I'm not sure if it's helpful to others. I kind of just want to be free of it.

I'm thinking of doing a weekly recap and give pointers about the techniques of the coming week. I'm open to suggestions.

Open Mat
Rolled With: Andy, Patty, Derek, Jerad, Josh J, Conan, Justin

Had some tough rolls today and felt pretty worn down.  The humidity was also killer.  I was a little disconcerted because I didn't do as well as I thought I would.

I'm preparing for the master world's in Vegas which will be the most significant BJJ tournament or event I've participated in.  I'm trying to come up with a game plan to get ready.

I need to up my aggression and cardio.  I need to be focused during classes where I'm not as challenged.  I can't have lazy rolls.  I need to set aside my ego and just roll.

Derek and I drilled our respective techniques, didn't work on the foot sweep though.  I had some trouble with the z-guard and will be watching the DVD again soon.  He also helped me by giving a little resistance on the crucifix.


No comments:

Post a Comment