Thursday, December 27, 2012

December 23rd - No Gi

It was questionable if I should go to class Sunday or not.  I'm still a little weak in the knees but I decided to go anyway.  I taught Hapkido on Saturday and did fine there, I told myself that I would at least go and take it easy and not roll or do anything to hurt myself.  <--LIAR.  Well I didn't hurt myself but I did roll.

The theme of the class was defending knee on belly. We worked on shrimping, pushing the shin and regaining halfguard, underhooking the shin, pushing down on their knee and sitting up when they pull on your neck.  All was pretty good except for the underhooking of the shin, that scared me a bit, so I only had it done to me on my right side.

During open mat I rolled with Sara a bit, which was good for me.  I could stay on bottom and take it easy, not too easy as she's wiry.  She did pass my guard and made some good attacks from side mount.  I probably abused my size and locked up a darce choke from the bottom and rolled her over and got her to tap. 

I rolled with Conan next and for a second there I thought I was going to finally make him tap.  Mostly because he allowed me to pass his guard and then when he put his near hand down to defend knee on belly I went for my famous north/south choke (well someday it may be famous).  I tried my best to finish it and make it tap, he was stuck there for sure but I couldn't figure out how to finish.  I made sure not to burn out my forearms and tried to move my body into place better.  Later he told me it was pretty close.  I think he might have finished me with a kimura or most likely an americana.

I rolled with Adam last and there were a few times my knee felt in danger.  Mostly from his half guard lockdown.  I tapped prematurely but it was worth it.  I don't think either of us tapped but I did pass his guard once.  He kept me on the bottom otherwise though.


No comments:

Post a Comment