Monday, August 15, 2011

August 13th - Open Mat Relax, Relax, Relax

Open mat is a fun time to be had by all.  I rolled with Jared, Ray, David, Matt, and Bauer. 

Bauer and I had a really good roll.  Much better than the day before where I pretty much got stuck in side control and half guard.  I learned from that and decided to relax a little bit more throughout the match.  It went much better and we had a lot of back and forth.  There was a point where I had him in an arm triangle that I thought I was going to finish but my arms were tired and he eventually escaped.  Eventually I was escaping side control and there was a scramble where he took my back and made me tap with a rear naked choke.  There were a couple of times during our roll that I'm pretty sure no one else was rolling and they were just watching us and coaching.  I think we also covered a lot of ground and ended up far from where we started. 

Rolling with Jared, Ray, and David was about the same as usual.  They all helped me with my questions and we went over where I was screwing up after they tapped me out.  Ray usually taps me out fairly quickly so we went 3 or 4 times.  He told me I did a good job for not letting him take my back.  Yeah, thanks Ray. 

I've got to start going to more open mat.  If only I didn't have to work anymore, my jiu-jitsu would be so much better.

2 comments:

  1. "If only I didn't have to work anymore, my jiu-jitsu would be so much better." Lol, you definitely have the bug :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. quit your job and live in the dojo. that may cost you a little more in tuition. your family can visit you on non-jiujitsu days.

    ReplyDelete