Thursday, August 4, 2011

No Class Today - Taveling to Chicago and the found match

So I will be missing Jiu-Jitsu today or Sunday because I'm going to Chicago for my brother-in-law's wedding.  I'm not really looking forward to the long drive. 

Gina uploaded some videos from the State Games tournament and the match that I didn't get on video was on there.  While I dominated the entire match I see some mistakes that were rather obvious like when I put my leg right into his half guard when I was going for mount or knee on stomach.

The coolest thing in this video (besides my armbar submission) is at the end when I hear Sara and (I think) Conan talk about how well I did at the tournament. 
Conan: "He's done really well"
Sara: "He is not fighting like a white belt."
Conan: "I know, it's good"

I guess I get so used to rolling with purple belts and getting destroyed all of the time that has done two things.  Made me better and it makes me keep striving to be better because I hate getting beat all of the time. 

THANKS Conan, Greg, Ray, David, Ken, Jared, Carlos, Will, Patrick, Adam (probably forgot somebody) for the repeated ass-kickings.

1 comment:

  1. nice job, Josh. it's been fun whooping on you. you put in the hard work that it takes to get as good as you have. keep up the good work. compare yourself to how you were a couple of months ago. i'm sure you'll see a big difference.

    ReplyDelete