Tuesday, August 9, 2011

August 8th - Gi Class (Baaauuuuueeeeeerrr!)

Had a good class last night with 8 of us starting out.  Good for even partners.  Jerad taught and the theme was the gift wrap position from mount to various submissions.  I don't think there was anything particularly new that I haven't done before but it was a good review.

During open mat I rolled with Adam first.  He was working to get me into x-guard repeatedly.  He got close a couple of times but I was recognizing what he was doing and kept my leg away from him.  It seemed like a pretty good match however I think he was just trying to work a different game and not smoke me as fast as he could.  There was one point when I had Adam in a turtle position and even though I was on top I knew that I was in trouble.  His wrestling is awesome.

During my match with Adam, I noticed that Bauer had changed and he was leaving.  I thought we were going to have match number 2 since he beat me in the State Games on points and I haven't seen him in class since.  What makes it worse is that he told David that he knew I would be pissed as he was walking out the door.  I guess I'll have to catch him on Thursday.

I rolled with a new guy (Mike) next.  He has been training for a year in Maryland (I think).  He said the school that he went to was very big and there could be like 50 people in a class.  He was awesomely flexible and I had a really hard time with passing his guard.  I was able to get him in a Darce in our first match but he turned up the intensity a little bit and we had a second match that lasted quite a bit longer and he eventually tapped me with a teepee.  Definitely impressive for only doing it a year and giving up 60 lbs.

I rolled with Ken next.  Surprisingly at one point I ended up in x-guard, it was awesome.  However, the sweep didn't go as well as I would have liked but it's a good start.  I eventually got mounted and I was so tired that I tapped.  I shouldn't have and it pisses me off.  I've got to work through that.

3 comments:

  1. hahahaha, You sure are hungry for your revenge on Bauer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this revenge is eating you up inside, Josh. just let it go. you had the state games match won up until the last 10 seconds. oops... i hope that didn't make things worse.

    ReplyDelete