Wednesday, September 12, 2012

September 12th - Morning Open

Had some good rolls with Ken and Drew this morning.  Ken and I had some clashes when we both wanted to pull guard.  He's been keeping off of his knees too.  So there was some leg jockeying for position.  I feel okay standing up or on my butt but I'm leery of going to my knees.

I seemed to make it to deep half naturally but like on Monday with Mike I wasn't sure what to do next.  So I end up in this almost reversal, almost in back mount, almost in a triangle position.  I know I've been told not to hang out there, but I really don't know where to go and not hurt myself at the same time.  I'll have to do some research.  I felt really good in the beginning of our matches and Ken and I were shutting each other down move for move.  Eventually though he got through my defenses and was able to submit me with some armlocks.  I had my moments where I came really close to passing his guard or taking his back but would always hesitate and make sure I wasn't going to injure anything.  No pain today so I'm happy.

Drew doesn't have very much experience so I went between coaching him and trying to be as fluid as possible and using good technique.  I ended up coaching him against Ken and felt good about my advice.  Although Ken was taking it pretty easy on him, for a second I thought I was coaching Drew to do better against Ken then I would. 

No comments:

Post a Comment