Wednesday, August 7, 2013

August 6th 2013 - Gi (Being That Guy)

Tonight I was that guy that came to class with some form of ring worm and I'm pissed at myself for it.  I did notice some redness on the top of my foot but didn't really think that I would have ringworm.  It's said to be very contagious and can spread through a gym relatively easily.  So I hope I haven't spread it to anyone else.  I trained for a little bit before Greg noticed it and then I taped my feet up.

After our warm-up we did some shoulder throws with fitting in and then finishing the throw.  After that we worked on armbar from the guard.  I didn't have any real issues with this except I'd forget to place my hand on the collar sometimes, my habit previously was to underhook the leg, so I have to get over that.  We worked on the guillotine from guard following that.  Adam and I took turns choking each other, which is always fun. I did have issues remembering to put my leg up around the body to prevent escape.

Greg suggested I sit out of king of the mat and I agreed with.  It sucked but I just watched.  I saw some good things from the new guys especially Brian.  He did a lot of twisting to prevent some sweeps.  He had some good battles with Adam and Mike.  I witnessed some of other new guys picking up on some things as well.  There were quite a few hip heists being completed, so much so that Mike, Greg, and Jerad gave some pointers about posture in the guard after class.  

I stopped by Walgreens on my way home and got some anti-fungal cream.  I applied it as well as some spray that I have as soon as I got home.  Hopefully that will take care of this issue.  I have been missing some good training lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment