Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 16th - Gi

Jerad taught class last night and he taught his catch wrestling technique class.  It is a series that starts with a kind of reverse arm triangle (Their arm is in your armpit) from side control.  It was a good refresher since we haven't done these in a while.  We were just about to do some drilling when I interrupted the class and reminded him of the neck crank that we usually end with.

I did the side control drill with Adam and then Josh.  Adam just crushes me and makes it difficult to move.  Probably the worst part was when he had me in knee on belly and holding my collar.  Josh was a completely different experience.  When I'm on top in side control it's almost like I'm touching the ground, so I have to stay a little lower to hold him down.  He's also very quick where I try to be slow and methodical. 

For open mat I went with Robert.  It was a good back and forth role.  As usual I get close to getting something right away but I'm not able to finish it.  I kept telling myself not to get discouraged and give up.  I did some good from guard and half guard and had top position on and off.  Eventually I started having stitches in my side and found it hard to breath and I decided to tap.  We figured we'd been rolling pretty rigorously for 20 minutes.  So he didn't submit me but I had to quit due to attrition.

After some rest I went with Ken and kind of took it easy.  I must have been in a daze because I really don't remember that much.  He had me in a mounted triangle close to the end and I think he got me with an armbar or something.  I was dead to the world last night after getting the kids to sleep and just curled up in bed and played some ps3 while drinking Gatorade.

No comments:

Post a Comment