Monday, January 30, 2012

January 29th - No Gi

Good class on the topic of leg/foot locks conducted by Ray yesterday.  To make it simple everything that we did started from the top in our partners guard.  Once the guard was broken we'd isolate the leg and sit back and do the lock.  We worked on Achilles, heel hook, toe hold and knee bar. We were able to do a lot of reps with each and the setups were the same throughout except the knee bar so we got a lot of practice.

During open mat I rolled with Adam first.  At one point I was playing some open half guard and attempted a guillotine.  It must have been decent because I was able to turn it into a sweep and I ended up in mount.  I wasn't able to finish the choke from mount but I kept the position for a while.  Once he got out of that I ended up in side control for a long time.  I can't remember how we ended.  I think we might have just quit but he could have made me tap too.

I went with Ken next and I was so close to catching him.  I was half guard and went for the kimura on his far arm.  I rolled into top position but he was able to shrimp away from me and get his elbow free.  However, I was able to take side control after this.  He eventually caught me with an armbar or americana later on. 

I started rolling with the new guy Bosier (sp?) but we had to bow out and get off the mat before the next class.  He was very rigid like before and stiffened his arms quite a bit.  I think I said this last time but I must learn how to capitalize on this.  It was good to see a couple of new people in class.


No comments:

Post a Comment