Monday, March 18, 2013

March 17th - No Gi

I started off yesterday already a little sore.  On Saturday, I had rolled with my Hapkido group in the morning and then again in the afternoon with Bill, the corrections trainer.  Plus I also stood in a bar for several hours watching the UFC later that night.  I probably would have skipped but both Bauer and Bill had said that he was going to try to make it to class, so I thought I should go.  Bauer didn't show up unfortunately.

Per my request Ray had us work on breaking the turtle position and ended up having us each teach a method.  I taught kind of a bowl over technique grabbing the far arm and ankle and then pushing with head and chest to put them into side control.  Adam taught a better way that I will probably use in the future that puts a pretty mean crossface on while moving around their head.  We did a few others that I was familiar with and Jerad obviously chose to teach the darce.

We trained from the position after that with 1 and 2 minute rounds, then we finished with up/down/out with guard passing.  I took it pretty easy and kept my left leg away from danger for the most part.  I watched Ray and Jerad roll a few times impressively.  I ended up not rolling, didn't want to chance injury.  Hopefully I'll be able to stop procrastinating and finally make the appointment to see the orthopedist. 


No comments:

Post a Comment