Friday, March 8, 2013

March 7th - Gi

Another excellent time was had at Jiu-Jitsu yesterday.  Conan was at the helm with the theme of butterfly guard stuff.  We started off with the basic sweep and then moved on to some of the things Conan likes from there.  The double unders lock, the double shoulder lock, the grab their belt and kick them straight over into mount thing.  The last one I had some difficulty with as you need some resistance from your partner and if you don't get any you just kind of sit there without any leverage.  We the did some single butterfly stuff that Conan likes to play.  We did an armlock and a sweep from there.  This seemed pretty hard on everyone's shoulders and took some flexibility to not tap too soon in some cases.  I skipped out on the last technique (shin sweep) as it takes.

During open mat I had one hell of a roll with Chris.  While Chris has only been back in training for a very short time he's very difficult to deal with.  He had me in a couple things and dominated a lot of the fight from north/south.  I also had my moments as I took his back briefly and swept him once and almost had an armbar.  He had to leave early so we left it at a stalemate but I was panting like a dog after that.

Will and I rolled a little more playfully.  I am not as worried about him over powering me but he does have some tricks up his sleeve.  In the end I set up an omma plata in my usual way and he tried to roll and snatch my arm and get me into an omma plata.  Then I had to escape his triangle attempt just in time for Conan to tell us to line up.


No comments:

Post a Comment