Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May 25th 2013 - Open Mat

Here I am, writing this 3 days after open mat took place.  I remember rolling with Fuji, Jerad, Greg, Adam, Claire, and Bryan.  Here are some of the highlights:

Fuji: Started off letting me be on top.  Was able to pass his spider guard and then used his gi lapel around his shoulder to hold him down for a while until he swept me and returned the favor of choking me with my lapel. 

Jerad: I bum rushed him and passed his guard and went right for a north-south choke when he just wanted to warm-up slow roll.  Whoops.  He handed me my ass after that several times.

Greg: I rolled the wrong way to escape an omaplata, I should have known better.  Continuously get caught in his spider to x-guard move.

Bryan: Took his back a couple of times and then worked with him on some basic back escapes.  Demonstrated the bow and arrow choke for him a couple of times.

Claire: She seemed pretty rusty but stronger than she was before.  She asked a lot of good questions about what she should have done in certain situations.  I saw her implement the x-guard after being showed it once against Adam.  Good to have her back.

Adam: Played a little guard in the beginning but eventually he smothered me in side control.

No comments:

Post a Comment