Tuesday, May 13, 2014

May 13th 2014 - Gi

Theme & Techniques: Koshi Guruma, Kneeling Guard Break, Knee Slide Pass

Worked with Ben today during this portion of class.  My main focus on the guard pass was improving shin movement and hip pressure and I would say Ben improved on these aspects as well.  We got a lot of good reps in.

Rolling: Up/Down/Out Guard, Free Rolling Post Class

It's been a while since I've participated in an up/down/out and it was great.  Usually during the Tuesday noon class we only have enough people to switch partners for position sparring.  So it's a great sign that we had enough people to do this exercise.  I did pretty well.  From the bottom I had success with the scissor sweep, hip bump sweep, and 2 on 1 when they attempted to do the guard break.  From the top, I attempted the pass that we worked on mostly, I also did some standing guard breaks.  Robert and I had a well fought round, I had to work really hard to keep him pinned down.  I did a standing guard break against Greg but was eventually foiled by him setting up a 2 on 1 way in advance.  I also saw Sam playing some 2 on 1 and was impressed that she was developing it.

I rolled with Tim after class and he did well defending against my cross guard.  I was attempting to specifically setup the armbar from there but couldn't figure out how to get his far arm where I needed it.  We discussed a few things like preventing armbar from mount and defending the 2 on 1. 

No comments:

Post a Comment