Friday, May 2, 2014

May 2nd 2014 - Gi

Theme & Techniques: Guillotine defense against wall, Basic guard break,  Double Under Pass

Circle of Iron tournament is tomorrow so it was a small class this morning of just me and Dave. I wish my Jiu-Jitsu brethren good sweeping and submitting.  I got to practice the techniques I witnessed on Tuesday which was cool, I hadn't worked on this particular guillotine defense before.  Dave seemed pretty happy with everything that he was learning and not too overwhelmed although both I and Greg were giving him as much instruction as possible.  Sometimes I worry that I may be instructing too much and I don't want to step on Greg's toes  While drilling the guard break, I kept wanting to grab the sleeve instead of the pants to begin.  I must have the standing guard break on my mind.

Rolling: Guard Position (4 x 2 min rnds)

During rolling, I did my best to work on the techniques that we practiced tonight.  He did a good job with getting grips.  There isn't much more to say,  It felt good to be back on the mats again.  I look forward to being 100% and able to go to classes.

Edit: Sorry for the abrupt ending.  I actually fell asleep while writing this post.  Not sure if it's the Ibuprofen PM or what but I've been sleeping a lot better lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment