Tuesday, May 20, 2014

May 20th 2014 - Gi

Theme & Techniques: Roll Over Escape from Headlock, Triangle Choke punch setup

Partnered with Bhuvana for this portion of class and Greg demonstrated the techniques on me for the rest of the class.  So I ended up getting choked a lot. 

Bhuvana was a little concerned that the triangle was too complicated, but I think she did fine.  She had to repeat the steps as she went through them which is understandable.  The hardest thing about learning the triangle in my opinion is getting the body alignment correct.  I had a little trouble setting up the triangle myself, I'm not a fan of the punch defense, but honestly I have a hard time doing the triangle from guard using any setup.  Mount is a different story.

Rolling: Guard Position (4 x 2 min), Free Rolling (2 x 4 min)

Had some great training today rolling with everyone.  I'm really appreciating having Robert in the noon class as he really gives me a hard time.  He's strong and also has some good technique.  I don't think he's figured out gi grips yet completely because he's trained more wrestling and no-gi.  In our free rolling, I started off pulling guard and setup an omoplata sweep that ended up failing, he also got past my 2 on 1 that I tried next.  I spent the rest of the roll in his side control.

I also had good rolls with Bhuvana and Ben.  Ben's pretty fun to roll as he's so strong, so he's tough to deal with but technique has been overcoming so far.  Bhuvana is aggressive as well although she masks it by saying things like "I don't know what to do"  I did end up tricking her by going for the rolling backtake from quarter mount.  We rolled a few times after class and I showed her cross guard to omoplata.

No comments:

Post a Comment