Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Blue is my color

My wife ordered me a blue Jiu-Jitsu Gi from Amazon last week and last night was the first night I wore it to class.  It is a Shockwave from Piranha Gear.  It is a lot more comfortable than the one I got from Century and I think I might ask for another one for Father's day.

There were 6 of us in class.  Jerad had guard passes be the theme of the night.  While I knew some of the ones we learned already there were some little differences that I hadn't seen before.  We took turns identifying a guard pass that we knew and then Jerad would clarify proper technique and little details.  At the end of class we did a minute of guard pass attempts with resistance.  David kept pulling on my elbows and I wasn't able to pass.  Very frustrating but he's been very helpful in helping me learn.

We rolled for a while and I tried to protect my stitches as much as possible.  I tapped early from an arm triangle because I didn't want to defend by talking on the phone right on my stitches.  I was told I'm good at controlling from the top position when I get there.  However, I have a really hard time keeping people in my guard.  I get passed very easily it seems.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog, Josh. I'm going to enjoy reading it. I'm enjoying hearing about the classes from your perspective.

    ReplyDelete