Tuesday, May 10, 2011

An evening of chokes

Another good class.  Quite a few more people were at Monday evening's class.  Jerad taught again with the help of David.  The theme of the night was chokes, specifically the anaconda and the Darce.  We did several setups for the Darce from a defended anaconda, half guard, and sidemount.  We also did a sidemount escape and then the same escape that led into the darce.

One thing that I'm going to try and push my partner to do more reps.  It seems like everyone just wants to do techniques 2 or 3 times and then wait for the next one.  I'll have to insist to do more.  Hopefully it will make a difference in my learn process.

Rolling after class was difficult as usual.  I only rolled with David and a blue belt named Ken.

No comments:

Post a Comment