Thursday, May 5, 2011

First Official Class - May 2nd

So not technically my first Jiu-Jitsu class, it was my first class as an official Jiu-Jitsu student.  It was a relatively small class of 4 this past Monday.  Although it was small it's always good to have even numbers.  2 purple belts (Jerad and David) a yellow belt (Bryan) and me.

The theme of the night was starting from mount and then moving to armbar position.  We progressed to dealing with armbar defense by pulling the far side arm, doing bicep crush, and a few others.  We did some techniques to get the opponent's back as well.

At the end of class we took turns rolling with each other.  I felt pretty good.  I think Jerad (purple belt) was a little too nice to me.  He let me feel like I was winning until I basically got gassed then submitted me quickly. 

All in all a good first class.

No comments:

Post a Comment