Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May 23rd Gi class

In class today we worked on what I believe Jerad called a reverse arm triangle.  Basically from side control your partner's arm is in your armpit with your arm around the back of their neck.  We did some chokes, neck cranks, and an armbar (Hapkido Armbar #2) that all kind of strung together.  Hopefully I can remember all of it for class with AJ tomorrow.

We had a lot more time for open mat.  I started working with David and he really helped me with guard and some sweeps.  I then worked with Ken and showed him some Hapkido wristlocks.  He also showed me some Judo.  It felt like our average roll where I would try things and he would get out of them.  He eventually coached me into getting him in an armbar and he told me to put it in my blog.  Jerad was interesting to grapple with he got me with a couple of sweeps that completely off balanced me.  I can't wait to learn those.

I love this stuff.

2 comments:

  1. glad you had fun, Josh. Maybe some class you can show everyone some hapkido moves. That wrist lock you used totally put me on my back and you were able to get topside control on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, I'm up for that. I'll have to think about which techniques would be most applicable for us.

    ReplyDelete