Friday, September 2, 2011

September 1st - Gi Class

I was so excited to get back to Jiu-Jitsu after a week off.  I ended up getting pulled into a project at work and spending a great deal of time on it this past week.  I would have considered myself giddy on my way to the dojo yesterday.  As opposed to the pissed off state I was in this past Thursday, Friday, Monday during class times when I was sitting at a computer trying to create reports.

The theme of the class was passing the butterfly guard with a mule kick to smashing their leg.  We did quite a few variations off of this.  It was a relatively small class with Conan, Jared, Gina, Sara, and I.  Adam showed up later.

During the Judo portion of class I worked with Adam who was a little injured.  I showed him my new favorite throw the soto makikomi and I think I converted him to liking it too.  I think I'm going to try to make this my throw and try to drill it to where I can use it in competition effectively.

After class Conan told me that testing would be delayed a couple of months.  I said that was okay and my only goal is to defeat David Kluthe on the mat, then I will gladly accept my yellow belt.

3 comments:

  1. i wondered where you were? thought maybe you were ill or something. if you defeat David during the testing then you are awarded his purple belt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha, oh Josh. If that is what it is going to take for you to be promoted, then you are going to be a white belt for a loooong time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you're admitting that it will eventually happen. That's the first step to my plan. Step 2: get really good at Jiu-jitsu. Step 3: submit David. Step 4 write about it in my blog. See, simple.

    ReplyDelete