Friday, February 10, 2012

February 9th - Gi

After a brief warm-up of the usual stuff, Greg had us go right into Spider Guard again. We reviewed mostly everything from Monday and then did a new one in the case that they blocked the scissor sweep by going to combat stance. It was kind of like a single leg position with feeding their hand under their leg. Which was pretty cool. It reminded me of some of the Hapkido techniques that we do.

We did the king of the mat drill again with open guard. I was one of the first ones to start on the bottom and I held my position for maybe 4 or 5 people in a row. First I was able to reverse David, which was surprising, usually he gets past my guard. Then Mike and I had a rematch in reversed roles. A battle as usual but eventually he ended up on the bottom in turtle and I asked "We're done right?" to which he said, "no we're in turtle" to which I said, "yeah, but it's your turtle." and laughs were had.

I was finally passed by Spencer. I was able to get a single leg and stand up but he put me in a guillotine and made me tap. I got kind of confused as I couldn't decide to go for the single leg or defend the choke, I tried to do both and failed.

I went up against Greg a couple of times and both times I made a stupid mistake and just kind of easily fell over. He also used the spider on one arm and when I thought I was passed he would just regain guard. I did a good job against Ray and passed him once when I'm sure he was tired. It was a little bit of a fluke too. He came back later and passed me I had him in a crucifix position in turtle and he kind of shrugged me off and put me in side control.

David and I talked and he said he's intrigued with my "secret move". I didn't use it yesterday although I thought about it a couple of times. I'm going to practice it tomorrow when I workout with my Hapkido guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment