Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Feburary 1st - Morning Open (Drilling is Good)

This morning it was it ended up being Greg and I as partners the whole time.  Ken and AJ were there too but it just didn't work out to switch partners at any time.  We started off with drilling and I worked on armbar from guard and Sean Williams Guard to triangle, then the guard pass I'm working on and finally the shin sweep from reverse de la rivas.  It actually turned into quite a workout for me.  My abs and thighs were really feeling it.  It was good training though.  Greg worked on mostly the same reverse de la rivas stuff that he's been working on.

I felt pretty good as we rolled.  I did some good things but for the most part got dominated.  Some of the good things I did was hit the shin sweep but wasn't able to finish.  I tried for the reverse de la rivas to the back but left my foot dangling, I would have been submitted with a toe hold.  I defended the 10 finger guillotine. There were a 2 times where I had half guard and had his arms to one side.  However, he was constantly slipping out of my half guard, afterward he showed me how I should be fighting for that underhook with my elbow first instead of my hand.  I got choked with baseball bat from knee mount and a bow and arrow choke, there were a couple of armbars as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment