Wednesday, July 11, 2012

July 11th - Morning Open

Just three of us this morning.  Thanks for showing up Carlos and Claire.  I can't wait until Robert comes back to see how much he's improved.

We did 5 minute rounds of rolling.  With Claire I let her start in side mount and mount and worked with her on isolating an arm, submissions, or position switching.  We also worked on maintaining side mount especially using a cross face when they start to turn into you.

Carlos and I finally finished a match with him tapping me out with a guillotine.  He has been threatening it on me quite a bit lately and usually I can do a good job of defending but he sunk it in early this time.  He destroyed me with wrestling, every time he figured out some way to trip me up.  Besides that we seem to be pretty even where he'll pass my guard and I'll regain it and get closed guard.  It seems like closed guard works better for me with him.  Triangles and omma platas are somewhat presenting themselves.  With my open guard he seems to smash my legs and pass easier than he should. 

No comments:

Post a Comment