Friday, July 13, 2012

July 12th - Gi

Busy at work today so I have to cut this short.  Ray taught class yesterday with an emphasis on going from stand-up to ground; It was for my benefit no less.  We started with shooting and sprawling then we moved to take the back.  We did a defense and counter against a throw after that.  Finally we worked on pulling guard and trying to sweep from there.

For open mat we did king of the mat with 3 groups.  I started off with David who was able to hold me into his closed guard until he put the smackdown with a triangle, my only saving grace was that it took him a long time to do it. 

I felt like I was almost going to pass Ray.  I used the knee guard break that we've been working on on Mondays with Greg and it worked great until he was able to clamp down on me with his legs while I tried to pass.  I tried to pass from top half guard for a while but was not able to and he swept me.

No comments:

Post a Comment