Tuesday, August 14, 2012

August 13th - Gi (Pushed Too Far?)

Went to the Dr. today and got relatively good news.  He took some x-rays and moved my leg around a bit.  He said that at worst it could be a meniscus tear or at best pinched.  He gave me options to let it heal for another month, get an MRI, or go straight to surgery.  We both agreed that letting it heal for another month is probably the best choice for now.  If it is torn I will need surgery, but it could be a lot worse.

Got to class early yesterday so I did some side control drills with the little purple grappling dummy.  I wish it worked a little better for butterfly guard.  Maybe I could wear ankle weights or something to help with practicing this.

Jerad taught with the theme of the shin sweep last night.  It's a technique that I like but it's a little bit dependent on knee mobility.  We worked on it a couple of ways, like if they base out or as an escape from mount.  A couple of them I could only do on one side, which was disappointing. At the end of the day my knee was very sore and I probably did a little too much.

During open mat I went with Jerad a couple of times.  He dominated me thoroughly.  In between rolls, Dwight (I think that's his name) came over and asked for some help with armbar from guard and top halfguard and Jerad and I gave him some advice and showed him some things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment