Friday, August 10, 2012

August 9th - Gi

As much as I was trying to avoid it, I made an appointment with an orthopedist for next Tuesday.  While my knee has gotten better and become somewhat manageable, I feel like it's time that I got it checked out.  Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Jerad taught class and continued with butterfly from Monday (Tuesday classes don't exist to me).  For a warm-up did some grip fighting and then judo takedowns.

I had a good time with all of my training partners.  Everyone worked hard and we played around with the butterfly position.  We looked at some things to do when we couldn't get the over under grips.  We then went over the progression of when they base out into the straight arm and then back to the butterfly sweep.

We drilled from the butterfly after that trying to sweep or pass.  I completed a couple of passes that I didn't expect and also got passed a couple of times.  Switching to x-guard from butterfly guard is becoming easier for me.  Mike must be slipping because he allowed me to complete a pass.  Bauer also returned for class, which was very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment