Wednesday, August 8, 2012

August 8th - Morning Open

Good workout today.  Ken and Claire attended as well as the return of Robert.  It was good to see him back and hear about his experience in Arizona.  I rolled with everyone equally. 

With my knee still not completely healed, I just accept that I'll be on my back, so my focus will continue to be butterfly for a while.  It was a good exercise but I need a lot more work.  I was able to move to x-guard a couple of times, but never really got a decent sweep. 

Robert seemed to be much stronger and slicker as well.  He improved his darce and north/south choke which is a great combination.  I've recognized a new problem with my passing in no-gi, if I try the over-under pass I need to hide my front arm.  Otherwise I get kimura'd.

I mostly stayed on the bottom for Claire to help her to improve her top game.  I showed some things from mount to isolate the arm.

I mostly stayed on my back with Ken and he was able to pass my guard.  I was so close at one point to getting x-guard but some how it backfired and he smashed me down into mount.  I got pretty frustrated.  All together I felt frustrated today.  I may be hitting a plateau.

No comments:

Post a Comment