Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August 1st - Morning Open (Ready to come back?)

Even thought my knee feels like it's got a raquet ball inside of it, I decided to attempt to train today with a brace.  Fuji, Ken, and Claire showed up.  I asked Fuji if he would drill some butterfly sweeps with me.  My knee did okay but twinged a few times.  He showed me a progression using their underhooked arm to go for an armbar or regain the butterfly guard if the sweep fails.  It felt pretty good to get some reps in and to start my journey of sweep proficiency.

Ken showed up and I rolled with him mostly just staying on the ground and playing an open guard.  There were a couple of times that I just let him pass to prevent pain.  He eventually locked up my arm in an Americana.  After that we took turns with the butterfly sweep again and Claire jumped in for a few reps as well.  Not sure if I'll be up for a full class tomorrow; we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment