Sunday, March 16, 2014

March 15th 2014 - Kid's Class & Open Mat

Kids' Class

Had some new kids in class today who seemed to enjoy it.  They went over hip bump sweep and played sumo and blob tag.  I've been trying to teach them some strategies for the games that we play but they don't seem ready to take too much advice yet.  They both want to just push or pull and I've seen some of the other kids spin or kind of snap down.


Open Mat

Open mat seemed to go by fast today.  I rolled with Jerad, Fuji, Conan, Ray, John, Mo, and Tim. Claire also came in as she was back in town for spring break.  I didn't roll with her, Mike, Wes, or the other Mike.

Jerad worked with me on some leg drag stuff that I tried to implement later against some of the new guys. Had a good couple of rolls before he had to take off early for work.

Fuji drilled some omoplata from lasso and I drilled the 2 on 1.  We rolled and it ended the same as usual with a brabo choke in side control.  I was on top for a little while, but once he got to turtle and ended up falling to guard.  I've got to figure this problem out.

Rolling with Ray and Conan felt about the same.  They feel immovable when they want to be.  One good thing I did against Ray was complete a back take from deep half using a butterfly hook.  However, as soon as I got there he was able to ankle lock my hook.  We went over how he does that, which was informative and I may try to use it myself.

While rolling with John, Mo, and Tim if I was on top I was attempting the leg drag.  From the bottom I was mostly trying to play spider guard and keep from getting passed because the new guys are starting to get some chops at passing guard.  I went over some various things with each of them.  Mo and I went over my knee on belly game, North/South Choke with John, and underhook to tripod escape from mount with Tim. 


No comments:

Post a Comment