Sunday, March 9, 2014

March 8th 2014 - Kid's Class & Open Mat

Kid's Class

The boys did a little better in 1 on 1 foot tag this time.  They were starting on all fours in the beginning but changed to mid crouch by the end.  They kept getting their heads pushed down.  There was still a little running in circles but not too much.  Changing this to 1 on 1 has been great.  I'm seeing the kids doing some Jiu-Jitsu techniques naturally like getting grips and sitting out.  They did the paint brush as a technique. 

Open Mat

Had a lot of good rolls today with Jerad, Matt, Fuji, Mike (new), Will, Conan, Mike (Tumbleweed), and Darijo..  A face from the beginning, Matt, returned for a visit.  He's been training in Texas and recently got his blue belt.  It's nice to see that he's kept with it.  Greg drilled a rolling back take with me a couple times during the session, which seems like a great technique.  Jerad and Mike both commented on how good my defense feels in that they had to try everything to get me to tap.  It doesn't seem that way to me, but I'll take it.

I didn't have many opportunities to use the 2 on 1 today although I wanted to.  In fact I don't remember playing much guard at all. So I failed my goal for the day to work on that. 

Will and I had the epic match of the day.  It was probably around 15 minutes and a good indication of how long we've been rolling is if we end up no where near where we started on the mat.  We both had our moments on top and in guard. 


No comments:

Post a Comment