Sunday, March 2, 2014

March 1st 2014 - Kids Class & Open Mat

Kid's Class

My boys did great today.  I was really impressed with their falls especially.  The technique they worked on was escape from side control.  That didn't go as well.  They just had a hard time getting into side control.  They played Sumo Foot tag and it was very fun to watch.  It's interesting to see the kids use a strategy and then modify it over time.  However, there was a lot of running in circles.  We finished the day with blob tag.

Open Mat

I had a couple of things that I focused on today.  I also focused on the 2 on 1 guard and had some success with that as well.  Single leg-x guard has been a reoccurring theme as of late and I was able to set it up from the 2 on 1 a few times.  I did get stuck a couple times and couldn't complete the sweep.  The cross guard also served me well like usual.  

I rolled with the following:

Henry: Did a better job of not gassing out, still got submitted though.  His baseball bat choke is coming along

Conan: After he demolished me a few times.  We talked about the shin to shin guard retention he was doing to prevent me from passing.

Nick: New guy who is in the ROTC with Jorge.  After a few rolls I went over the toreando pass with him.

Tim: He was having a pretty good day on the mats, so I did my best to crush his spirits.  Not really, we had a few good rolls

Wes: I rolled with him the longest and experimented with the 2 on 1 quite a bit.  Afterwards he showed me some cross guard stuff that he learned from Saulo Ribero.  

Bauer: Had some good rolls.  I used cross guard to the best of my abilities and ended up with the pendulum sweep a couple times.  I spent some time in mount and almost ended up in a barata plata, but I didn't know how to get into position.  I went over some cross guard stuff with him after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment