Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July 1st 2014 - Gi

Theme & Techniques: Standing Headlock Defense, Guard break and Single Under Pass

A post was recently dedicated to me in Gina's blog: Josh, Josh, Josh.  One thing that I had completely forgotten about was that I had visited Roseberry's for a Judo for Jiu-Jitsu seminar back in September 2010 which was my first step into training with all of these fine Jiu-Jitsu-ka.  Thanks for the shout out Gina, I appreciate the nice things you said and for the nickname (Triple J). 

I worked with Bhuvana on this portion of class and with a few pointers here and there everything went swimmingly.  She panicked a bit during the headlock escape and tried to use strength to get her head out and still couldn't do it.  I helped her relax and talked her through how to use more leverage and she improved after that.  The only major gripe I had with her for the guard break was keeping her arm straight when placing the knee.  

Rolling: Guard Position Up/Down/Out

Another enjoyable Up/Down/Out.  One of my first rolls was attempting to pass Greg's guard.  I did a standing break and after several pass attempts I attempted a leg drag and I must have misjudged how he was going to react because I kind of tripped over my own feet and fell over.  I completed a couple good sweeps like pendulum and an omoplata.  For passing I used the pass from today a few times as well as some knee slides.

Tim must have had to take off after class cause we didn't get our weekly roll in.  I went over the sickle sweep with Bhuvana with the help of Greg and she was pretty excited to get it a few times at the end.  We rolled a little bit as well and she kept saying "wait, wait, wait!" but I wasn't going to fall for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment