Thursday, August 28, 2014

August 27th 2014 - Gi

Theme & Techniques: Takedown fit-ins, Standing Guard Break to Knee over pass
Partner: Adam

I lightly rolled with Gina before class and got a little warm-up in.  For the takedowns we had to do three different techniques in a row: a shot, a sweep/trip, and a hip throw.  Adam gave me some pointers on a low single, that I may try to work in my game some time in the future.

The standing break we did was interesting, instead of the usual way where we hand off their sleeve to the other hand we just push on their knee from there and staple their thigh to the ground.  It seemed like it would be better, but I wasn't able to use it during training today.

Rolling: Guard Position (8 x 2 min), Free Rolling (3 x 5 Min)
Rolled With: Adam, Henry, Gina, Greg

I was a little sluggish today.  It might have been because Adam and Henry were monsters.  Gina was doing a good job of recovering her guard during my pass attempts, but eventually I worked into a double unders pass.  From there I coached her through the stiff arm escape.  Adam was able to pass my guard a couple of times and had me in side control for a majority of our free roll.  I had to fight hard to keep from getting submitted.  Henry was passing my half guard at will and I thought I was about to take control a few times but he did well with the scrambles.  I was able to hold on to him in deep half for a while even though he was standing up and trying to shake me off.  He eventually setup an armbar that was locked up pretty quickly and I yelled tap to make sure it didn't get any tighter before I hit the ground. 


No comments:

Post a Comment