Saturday, May 16, 2015

May 15th 2015 - All Levels Gi

Theme & Techniques: Rear Naked Defense with Shoulder Throw, Farside Armbar from Side Control, Scissor Sweep
Partner: Austin, Josh

Not too much to report today.  Helped my partners a few times on little details like keeping their knee up instead of it getting crushed under the person.  Also to squeeze their knees together when completing the armbar.  I'm getting better at remembering to push on the head, it actually does cause some disruption in the bottom person.  One thing I could feel first hand as Greg demonstrated on me.

Rolling: Side Control (4 x 2 min), Closed Guard (4 x 2 min), Free Rolling (2 x 4 min)
Rolled With: Greg, Anthony, Josh, Zack, Austin

Had some success with the omoplata sweep today since I went right for it instead of attempting the submission first like I have been.  With Austin I almost swept him but he was able to put his leg on the floor to base.  I then switched to the submission and then ended up in a triangle.  From there I swept to mounted trianlged and we reset.

Had some free rolling with Greg and did okay. He caught me with a spiral armbar that I saw coming but couldn't stop.

Office Hours Partner: Zack

Zack did his blue belt test and did fine. I won't go in to any details, but just say I enjoy helping out with these types of things.

Afterwards I showed them a few things from the Faria DVD like the rolling back mount escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment