Friday, June 24, 2011

Fuji, I love you man

Thursday class started with Ray going over some throw drills with us.  First with a partner we went up and down the floor getting them on our back and then throwing.  I worked with Fuji again.  After that we got into 2 groups of 4 with myself, Patrick, Fuji, and Matt (new guy) in the big guy group.  One guy was to be in the middle and then throw the other guys as they came at them.  It was pretty fun.  I did a wrist throw as one of my throws which I think surprised everyone.  Just trying to keep it interesting.

Greg showed up to teach the middle portion of this three part class.  We worked on some half guard stuff.  It was a progression like usual from keeping on your side to taking the back or going deep and grabbing their ankle to a reversal.  I worked with Matt on these techniques, he seemed to pick things up pretty quickly for it being his second day.  Then we finished with 3 minute partner drills to try to improve from half guard.  I had no success with Fuji on top of me. 

Sensei Beggs did his Judo thing at the end of class.  We didn't actually do any throwing this time but did the entry first using the bands, then belts.  Finally we got into groups of three and one person did a seat belt grab behind the other person. The third person would then try to throw both people.  Pretty tough.

I rolled with Patrick at the end of class.  For some reason he likes to roll with me, probably because he wins.  I was able to roll him over from side control once out of the blue that I thought was cool.  He eventually submitted me though.  I also rolled with Tyler who I hadn't rolled with before.  We went twice and both times he got me with wicked armbars from the guard.  I couldn't figure out how he set them up so well but I'm intrigued.

So, Fuji flipped me some crap about his feelings being hurt from reading my last post.  I'm pretty sure he was joking but it made me think about how honest I should be on this blog.  I know there are quite a few people that I work out with that read this.  For now it's probably fine since everyone is beating me.  However, how excited should I be when I finally reach my goal and submit David or Ken and make them cry?  I don't want to gloat or make anyone feel bad even though I'm going to be stoked about these types of milestones that will hopefully happen.  Oh well no sense in worrying about it now.

2 comments:

  1. be honest and gloat your heart out man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you tap me out, is when i move on and walk off into the sunset. i'll find a high mountain top and contemplate how the laws of nature went so wrong.

    ReplyDelete