Friday, June 10, 2011

June 10 Gi class

It turned out to be a rather large class yesterday taught by Conan.  Our focus was on preventing guard passes by pushing on the head and keeping the head and hips on the same side and then try to shrimp back to guard.  This is something that is really going to help me.  I'm always getting passed by my partner wrapping up my legs and moving into side control.  We also worked on headstands from there to assist the passer.

Sensei Beggs showed up toward the end of class and taught us some Judo techniques.  I guess he's going to be coming in often to do that.  We worked on O Soto Gari off of making them step back and then another throw where you sit in front of them but I can't remember the name.

After class I rolled with Patrick first.  I was on top for a little while but he got me in a kimura and was able to roll me off of side control.  I'll have to learn how he did that or at least how to defend it.  From then on I was on the defensive and he eventually submitted me in an Americana.

I also rolled with Dave the tree trunk guy.  We didn't get to finish but I was able to execute one of the butterfly sweeps I learned on Monday.  It's always cool to do something you just learned on a resisting opponent.

I signed up for the Cornhusker State Games.  The Jiu-Jitsu tournament will be held July 24th.  I'll be preparing for that in the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment