Friday, June 17, 2011

June 16th Class

Conan taught class yesterday but couldn't do much because of some injuries that he had.  He looked like he had some arm pain throughout class.  The focus on class was takedowns.  We started with a lot of falling and rolling.  We worked on double leg and sprawling and sitouts.  I worked with Fuji for most of it, which while he is a lot bigger than me is good to work with because I have to have the technique right to get him down.  He also gave me some good pointers on the takedowns.

Sensei Beggs came in and taught some throws again.  Still having trouble remembering the Japanese names.  We did kind of a reap that spread the opponents legs apart and then force them down.  From there if they didn't go down we trip on the other side or do O Soto Gari.

I rolled with Brad who got me in a triangle.  I definitely underestimated him.  It was good to roll with someone that doesn't keep me on the bottom the whole time like the other guys or he isn't just playing opossum until I make a mistake.

After that I rolled with Aaron who was Gi-less.  He kept cheating and grabbing my gi but it was understandable. The handles are there grab them.  Eventually he got me in an armbar.

2 comments:

  1. i underestimated a white belt yesterday and he caught me in an arm-bar. i was too stubborn to tap-out right away and my elbow is sore because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your arm is feeling better and I'll see you in class tonight.

    ReplyDelete