Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July 11th Gi

Jerad taught class yesterday.  Our main focus was defending backmount and a couple of guard passes.  We finished class with the 4 positions 2 minutes each hell drill.  It was exceptionally difficult due to the heat last night.  I worked with Ken on this and there were several times when I felt sloppy and too spent to do things properly.  I had to tell myself out loud a few times not to quit.

It didn't seem like anyone wanted to do open mat.  I'm glad I wasn't the only one spent from the exercise.  I rolled with Carlos first.  We went back and forth for quite a while the size difference was in my favor.  I had him in an anaconda at one time, but he was able to worm his way out of it.  He eventually caught me with a darce choke I think.

We had some visitors in class, a few MMA fighters that I had seen around previously.  Tate and Rob.  I didn't work with Tate but I did roll with Rob and he was awesome.  Even though he is tall he was good at keeping tight and not allowing any space.  I eventually got a side cramp and tapped out.

David made the comment that he hasn't got the chance to roll with me and see my improvement lately.  So he'll be the first on my dance card Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. dave's the two-step champ of the dojo. be sure to take the lead.

    ReplyDelete