Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July 25th - Gi Class

After a normal warmup Adam taught some wrestling takedowns.  I was still a little sore from the tournament on Sunday.  I spent most of the class with Brian as we worked on arm drag to double leg and making the opponent step and going for a single leg.  Hopefully some day I'll become a little more confident in these.

For the end of class we did the 8 minute drill starting with takedowns from standup.  I ended up with Adam as a partner and I was the defender.  He got me down several times seemingly with ease.  Following we did mount, sidemount, and backmount.  I don't think I did terrible from any of these positions.  When I was the aggressor I felt like I didn't stand a chance to take Adam down he basically shucked me off repeatedly.  I did a little better on the ground but he did a couple of really cool reversals.

I rolled with David for open mat.  He eventually made me tap I can't recall how, I think it was from side control.  He helped me with escapes from side control after that which was very helpful.  I need to use the cross face or forearm on the neck more often from the bottom to create some space.

It was a hot night and my gi was soaked.  I also felt pretty light headed on the way home.  Probably fatigue from the tournament had something to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment