Friday, July 29, 2011

July 28th - Gi Class

It was another small class.  It is most likely because of the State Games being over with.  I have felt a little unmotivated this week as well.  I'm sure it's natural as there was a lot of stress and nervousness for me in preparation for the tournament. 

Jerad taught us some escapes from side control.  My desire is to eventually be awesome at getting out of side control.  Right now my side control escapes are pathetic.  I'm going to try to fit some bridging and tripoding into a personal home workout.

Beggs had us work on a shoulder throw for the Judo portion of class.  David and I both had trouble not leaning over too much.  at the end we did a 3 person drill by loading up the throw on one person and then jump to the other person.  Strangely we never actually completed the throw.

I appeared to be the odd man out in open mat.  It was David vs James and Will vs Jerad.  Both matches went at least 7-10 minutes with a lot of good stuff going on.  David eventually rolled with me.  I had him locked down in guard pretty well at one time.  Eventually I was in his guard and I was able to use the straight arm lapel grab that Greg had taught us a while ago.  It really worked to keep my posture up.  Eventually he submitted me with a key lock from half guard even though I thought I could have rolled him over.

1 comment:

  1. sorry i missed the class. i couldn't get any sleep the night before. plus, the heat has been a factor in wanting to leave the house. hopefully, things will cool down soon.

    ReplyDelete