Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October 10th - Gi

Jerad was instructing last night and the theme was taking mount.  There were a couple of visitors from Rob's school Lincoln MMA.  Seemed like pretty good guys.

We did two passes from side mount: one from knee on belly and the other from kinda twister side control.  After practicing these with quite a few reps we did some partner drills by trying to take the mount and then trying to retain the mount.  I felt like I did a pretty good job here of escaping or keeping my opponent in the position for the most part.

During open mat I rolled with Mike and we probably went to 7-10 minutes.  He eventually got me with a triangle.  During our roll there were several times that he put me in north/south and I was stuck.  After we were done we talked about some ways to get out of that and what to do from there.

I rolled with David a couple of times and he took my back the first time rather quickly and submitted me.  He was pretty aggressive the next roll and bulldogged me to my back and he eventually got me in an Americana.  His strength is really hard to deal with.  I'm going to have to work really hard if I'm ever going to submit him.

No comments:

Post a Comment