Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October 3rd - Gi Class

Greg taught class again tonight and the theme was the omaplata.  We worked on some very cool setups that I didn't know.  We started from guard with shins on their biceps and a hand on their tricep and the other hand on their colar.  To get the omaplata we would then kick the leg straight up and wrap it around their shoulder.  From there we worked on some sweeps if they defend.

To finish class we did the retain/pass guard drill and I worked with Nick.  He seemed a little frustrated during this, I'm not sure why because it took me the whole 2 minutes to pass his guard. 

During open mat I rolled with David a couple of times.  He was having a good time by smashing me with his head.  It was very annoying but I did feel more comfortable rolling with him than I usually do.  I can't remember how he submitted me the first time but the next time he got me in a colar choke that we were fighting back and forth with forever.

I rolled with Ken next and it was a pretty good match.  I had his back a couple of times but he defended well.  I'm having a terrible time passing his guard, his legs just keep getting in the way.  For some reason I can't remember how our match ended.  I know it didn't end with me submitting him though.

1 comment:

  1. i think you gassed out and we ended it there. good roll. it seemed like you and dave went for awhile.

    ReplyDelete