Monday, October 10, 2011

October 7th - Open Mat with Mike

I ended up getting to the dojo just as everyone was leaving.  Luckily Mike was willing to stay and we had some good rolls and some good conversation.  At first he started out kicking my butt tying me up and submitting me rather easily a couple of times.  He was using his upside down guard which is cool but I would need to get a lot more flexible and comfortable on my neck to use something like that.

I seem to get caught in his triangle quite a bit which is something I need to work on preventing.  I get my posture broken really easily so I need to improve my neck strength and keep my arms and hands in the right places.

I think my submissions on him were both chokes. I was able to get a north/south choke and an arm triangle.  While he got me in a triangle, a rear naked choke and a Peruvian necktie.

We also broke for a while and talked about several things like bullies and fighting, MMA, tournaments, etc.  Because I had my glasses off I couldn't keep track of the time but we ended up hanging out until around 6:30.  Luckily my wife wasn't mad when I got home.

1 comment:

  1. i like to keep my hands clasped when i'm in someone's guard. i think it helps me defend against someone's triangle. i'll also keep my elbows out to keep them from being able to swing their legs over my head.

    ReplyDelete