Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October 2nd - No Gi

Was able to make it to No-gi class again yesterday and I'm glad that I did.  We warmed up with the 2x8 minute drill.  I was with Fuji for that which was pretty tough.
Greg taught and the theme was based on breaking the arms apart when going for an armbar.  Funny, it seems lately I've gotten to pick what we work on in class pretty often.  Several of them I had done but there were just little tweaks to them that made them work a lot better for me.  I worked with Will for most of the class.  The techniques we did were:
  • Put their wrist into your elbow pit and grabbing your own shoulder and then falling to the head side
  • Grabbing their knee and letting them up a bit and then kind of kicking their head back down
  • Pulling the far arm in and then hooking your feet around their shoulder
  • Hooking your foot inside and then when they come up put them into a triangle.
  • If you don't think you're going to get the armbar hooking behind their head and then rolling over and taking their back
During open mat I rolled with Mike probably 4-6 times and it seemed like we were actually pretty even.  I don't remember all of the submissions that we did to each other, I'm pretty sure that he got me in a triangle.  I was able to pull off the below technique from the video that I just watched the other day. 

I was about to leave when Greg asked me to roll.  Of course I won't miss an opportunity to do that.  It's hard to tell how good I did because he's probably taking it very easy on me.  He did an awesome transition into x-guard.  He had my side/back at one point and was holding my chin.  Besides it being really annoying and very controlling, it was also hurting me.  I got a really bad cramp in my jaw muscle that was so bad that I had to tap.  The cool thing is though that my jaw feels a lot better now than it has the last few weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment